Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11: Supportive Family/friends

Today's subject is about supportive friends and family.    I have been overwhelmed by supportive and kind words after both of our losses.  I was taken aback by so many people who reached out to me and told me their own stories of losses.  It was shocking and sad but comforting at the same time.  This  is one reason that I talk and write about what we have been through and what we are going through, because I know I am not alone and I want people to feel comfortable talking about their grief and journey with me and with others. 

The picture that I took for today's entry are items that two people who have been very supportive of me gave me in memory of Finley and Wren.  My super sweet friend Rachael has been amazing throughout the last year.  After our first loss last September she sent me the blanket pictured to honor our loss.  I love Rachael because she is comfortable enough to talk about Wren and Finley with me.  She has sent me random texts and messages throughout the year when she was thinking of one of our babies.  She is someone that I can always call or email or just tell her I am sad. 

My mom gave me the remember bracelet after we lost Wren.  She has always been supportive in every aspect of my life including the losses of our babies.  She wears a neclace that has a charm for each of her grandchildren which includes a charm for Finley, Wren, and Lucy (my older sister Shanna's baby that died in pregnancy). 




 
 

1 comment: