Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: Symbol

This is my favorite post so far!  The topic for today is symbol - and it is not suprising that the symbol that I associate with my losses are birds.   More specifically wrens.  As soon as I knew our baby had died at 16 weeks I knew I was going to name him or her after a bird. It just made sense to me - I can't really explain it, but I just knew I had to.  I thought up boy and girl names that were bird related, but during those long weeks while we were waiting for the results of the genetic testing, I was already calling the baby "Wren" in my head.  I just knew.  When my midwife called and told me the baby we lost was a girl - it was almost anticlimatic, she was telling me what I already knew, we had a genetically normal daughter...Wren. 

So obviously a wren is the symbol I associate with Wren.  But even before her - I already associated birds with our first loss - Finley. 

I love the excuse to buy bird paraphanelia actually.  But I also spend a lot of time outside- and I love when I have a special moment with any bird.   It is just a second where I can remember and smile to myself 

No comments:

Post a Comment