Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My labor and delivery - the gift that just keeps on giving

Labor and delivery truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Since I had my son 9 months ago I have had many complications and issues....

PAUSE FOR A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT -
Yes, the overall end result was and is worth it. I am thankful for my son however that does not mean that I loved and/or am giddy about everything that has surrounded his birth and delivery. PSA OVER

I have been to the ER three times, for three separate post partum problems and I saw the OB 8 times post partum, had home health come to my house 8 times, had one (and now a second scheduled) MRI, apparently had a kidney infection for 6 weeks that caused my incision to not heal, blah, blah,blah.

Since January I have been dealing with back problems. I have been trying to go about my normal life and deal with it. My little sister is a physical therapist and she was pretty sure my symptoms involved disk problems so she has given me lots of exercises to do to help with the problems. I have been doing her suggested exercises and activities religiously and my back just continues to get worse and worse. This past week it has become hard to get out of bed in the morning and is really interfering with every aspect of my life. So I finally made an appointment with a doctor and she said that it appears I have some bulging disks and a pinched nerve. She said I probably messed up my disks while in labor or pushing for the two hours. It makes sense - if people can throw there back out by bending over to pick up a piece of trash - then surely labor could do it. I have an MRI scheduled for next week to see the extent of the damage and I am going to start going to Physical Therapy here to hopefully address some of the issues. I have my fingers crossed that my back can improve with physical therapy and I can get back to the active lifestyle that I enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment