Monday, December 24, 2012

Is it Christmas Yet?

I want to bottle up all the excitement, fun, laughter, and love from this Christmas season so I will never forget it.  From making Christmas cookies, to an awesome visit with Santa, to driving around and looking at Christmas lights at every opportunity - I know that this Christmas will be one that I cherish and remember fondly. 

I am so thankful to have these experiences with Shawn and Fisher.  We have had a rough year in so many ways and I love that we are ending it on a high note!   Losing Wren brought so much sadness but it has also made me really appreciate the "little things" so much more.   I have really lived in the moment this Christmas season more than ever before and for that I am thankful.    I don't think I will ever forget Fisher asking to go to bed at 2 pm on Christmas Eve so Santa can come.   Or him running around screaming "Happy Christmas!" and then singing Jingle Bells very off key.  While I will always miss our little girl I am thankful for the lessons and the perspective she taught me this year.  I am off to spend the rest of the day with an excited three year old and cherishing every time he asks me "Is it Christmas yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment